Lately I seem to have so many stupid, duh moments with my diabetes management, something that should not happen after all this time with D. Like,
- Forgetting to reconnect my infusion set after I change my clothes.
- Forgetting to bolus before eating and then “wondering” why my BG is over 300 a couple of hours later.
- Waking up to a really high blood sugar and instead of following the “protocol” for when you have a high BG on a pump, just rage bolusing all the way into work, eating breakfast, and then finally noticing a big 'ol wet spot on your dress that smells like bandaids (ok, that one was just a double-duh)
- Running between meetings at work and thinking, “I swear I’ll check my BG the next time I walk past my office.” And then forgetting
- SWAGing, even when I have an app on my iPhone that allows me to look up fairly accurate carb counts.
- Leaving insulin in a hot car (oops!)
- Leaving glucose tabs in my pockets and then washing my clothes (do you know what glucotabs turn into in the washing machine?)
- Leaving the house without my meter.
So what are your duhabetes moments?