Dumbfounded

I don’t know how else to explain my frustration right now. Frustrated doesn’t quite do it justice, and I don’t want to beat myself up by calling myself too many names. My initial reaction is that I want to place the blame on my husband or my three year old, but I know that’s not right, the blame lies with me. So I guess dumbfounded is appropriate.

So last Wednesday my cgm sensor went out, and I was unable to fool it for another week’s worth, like I usually can. I set the sensor, w/transmitter still in it, next to my computer so I would remember to place a new order on the Internet the next day. On Thursday I placed the order, which was to be delivered by Monday, but I lazily left the sensor next to the computer. Well yesterday when I got the new sensors, I went to retrieve the transmitter, and to my disbelief, it was gone! Darn that husband of mine, he always goes around putting my things in different places (I’m a self-professed clutter queen). Now where would he have put it? I call him on the phone…“oh yeah, I saw Kaia (our 3 year old) playing with it a couple days ago. I told her to put it back where she got it.” Huh, you just told her to put it back, but didn’t check up on it??? Try asking a 3 year old where she put something three days ago! I got “I don’t know,” “I ate it,” and “in the garbage.” Well I tend to believe the latter. It was a disgusting job, but I dug through all the garbage in our can, to no avail. When my hubby came home, he clarified that it was Thursday night he saw her playing with it when he was fixing dinner, and our garbage day is Friday morning. Bummer!

What’s a girl to do? What good does getting mad do now? I feel so stupid. I checked Dexcom’s website, and it will cost me $250 to replace it. I just got it in December. Ugh! I know I am rambling now, but it’s easier to admit foolish mistakes here on the web:) I hope in doing so I sleep better tonight…

Toni,

I’m SO sorry to hear about this!! How frustrating??? Did you get the whole family to do a thorough search of the house (in between every couch cushion etc.)? I hope that by some chance it turns up, but if not DON’T beat yourself up-- it’s pretty amazing to me how you balance everything- being a parent to teenages AND toddlers, teaching, coaching, taking care of your diabetes, your work with Chinese orphans, and the list goes on I’m sure…

I have a pretty much constant fear of something like this happening to my Dexcom…mine usually revolves more around the Receiver dropping into the toilet, kids bath or the pool…i have had several close calls—and it makes me cringe.

Did you call Dexcom? Their Customer Service has been exceptional…you may be able to get a discount…