Eight Years of Pumping

My fasting glucose was 200 to 250 before I started pumping, now it is usually in the 95 to 110 range. I have dawn phenomenon, at it's peak in the middle of the night I have my pump deliver about 4 times as much insulin as during the afternoon. That controls my glucose very nicely.
Pumping is not for everyone, you need to be willing to learn to count carbohydrates in order to put it to good use.

It's a lot of work, but the results can be amazing.

-Lloyd

yes it can
my A1C was 12 before pumping now it is 8.2
or 7.8
at least much lower

Congratulations Lloyd!

Yes, it is work, but for me much less confusing than juggling two different types of insulin and wondering. "Why?" on a daily basis.

Good job, Lloyd!!!

My daughter uses an insulin pump. I couldn't agree more with your statement "It's a lot of work, but the results can be amazing."

Congratulations, Lloyd!
Getting an insulin pump is life-changing! I could exercise without horrendous lows again! I had "good" control on MDIs -but - really not the same as being on the pump. Hardly any lows. There are days I have some high blood sugars - but I am able to correct any issues that I created and get the blood sugars back down.

Truly a great invention!

Congratulations Lloyd!

I started on the pump first of this year. Gosh yes! The pump has made a big change in my life in the short time I've been on it. After starting on the pump, in a three days time I could tell a difference in the way I felt. It was like life was put back into my body! The pump is the best thing that has ever happened to me since I was first diagnosed with the "D" in 2005!

Sorry I had to delete a post since I couldn't find how to edit a previous post because I overlooked the edit functions. Seems like some things have been changed around in this site.

Since I started pumping (2000) I came in about 1month, that I would not sell the pump for 1000000 bucks. It is my best friend, a1c's staying below 7,