End of the Insulin Cartridge and Frio Pump Cooling Case

Click over to my blog fur the full text and a ton of unlinked posts from the past couple weeks.I haven’t been posting my blog entries that aren’t specific to diabetes including a lot of posts about my research. If you liked my previous posts about research I have some really nice micrographs of biopsy tissue posted.

My insulin needs are pretty darn low for being as big as I am. Part of that is my activity level and the other is how few carbs I eat during the day. Right now in a cutting phase (losing body fat) my total daily dose (TDD) of insulin is…

So what’s the point of this post? My insulin pump cartridges loads about 180 units when I change sites. With my TDD you can figure out that I change sites about every 4 to 4.5 days. I’ve noticed that in the summer by day 3.5-4.5 (less than 40-45 units left) the insulin…

That brings me to the seconds point of this post. I’ve been using the Frio Insulin Pump Cooling Case all summer when I’m umpiring, coaching Batman’s team or working in the yard. It comes in three pieces, pump sleeve, gel sleeve and fabric case. You soak the gel sleeve in ice water and the place the pump and any extra line into the cooled sleeve. It’s kind of bulky and a real pain the butt to get the pump in or out when it’s filled with cool water, but it…

SuFu, Ph.D.