Enlite sensor use term

It is *way* more comfortable than the harpoon! The insertion is also hidden, which freaks me out a little bit, but it works great...

Thanks, Mr. Rock! Itā€™s sounds as if you donā€™t completely cover the sensor & transmitter. Do you take the transmitter off when you shower?

No, I hardly ever take them off. Occasionally, like if I stretch one too far, I'll take it off for the night.

Part of the reason I'm mildly annoyed at the new sensor transition (and my doctor's office called me back two weeks after I'd left them a message asking about classes, WTH is that...although, from what they said, the classes were heavily weighted towards insertion and, undoubtedly, not about more interesting things like stretching sensors...). Still, if they don't know quickly, they should call back anyway. I just get pissed at them but then I forget I'd called them and then remember when they call me back. I like the doc but the people in the office seem beleaguered. I dunno if that's the right fit. I guess it speaks to most of the stuff, I don't give that much of a hoot about as I can ask people online and get a better answer faster. Still, if I *were* having some sort of problem, it would be bothersome to not get answers. Although it is also bothersome to have CGM data that's sort of corrupted by all the bad days. I should probably just get a cable for my meter so I can compare but that seems like a tremendous chore too. Hmmmm....

I'm so jealous. I'm still struggling with the results I'm getting. All morning my sensor has been warning that I'm low and my b.g. has been around 130. I've calibrated three times in the past three hours and it doesn't change. BTW the sensor is less than 48 hours old. I've been keeping my b.g. as close to 100 for the past week to make it easier on the sensor (ha!), but over the weekend I was so frustrated with the results I was getting, I ripped the sensor out even though it was less than 4 days old. Every 30-60 minutes I would get a low warning followed by a high warning, and my b.g. was always between 170 and 100. Finally it errored out and when I tried to restart it, it wouldn't stop telling me I was low.
I love my care team but they're not being very helpful. They keep telling me to calibrate more because I'm only getting about 3-4 calibrations in a day. The problem is, my sensor pretty continuously has up or down arrows displayed so I don't calibrate when I check my b.g.
Also the threshold suspend shuts off the pump for too long. Had a couple of lows in the middle of the night, and the two hour suspend shot my b.g. up into the 200s by morning time.
I hate being a negative nancy, but with how much more expensive these sensors are, I was hoping for better results, not shots in the dark results.

You know, you can calibrate too much. Do you calibrate when your bg is stable? I also believe the suspend feature shuts off the pump for too long. I had hoped that duration would be a variable. I met a negative Nancy once. All she ever said to my advances was "no". lol

Ha!
I'm sure you can calibrate too much, I'm just trying to find the happy medium. With the sof-sensors I had such an easy time. They were so accurate, with occasional bad results. I can't figure these new ones out. I just had another alert that I'm low, checked my b.g. and it is 142, which is kind of high for me. Since 6am this has been happening (it's 10am now). I should stop calibrating because I've done it so much this morning, but it hasn't changed what the sensor is reading. According to it, I've been between 50 and 60 since I woke up. Argh!

I, also, and having substantial problems with accuracy. I have even told it I have a new sensor to "clear" and start again, with the same issues and problems. So far I am finding Enlite to be far less accurate than the old system.
I have yet to have the sensor reading be within 10 points of the meter reading. I often have constant low alarms, when my sugar is in the 100 to 150 range, and I seem unable to convince the system it is inaccurate. The pump believes it is in the 40- 60 range. Similarly, when the tester says 120, my meter has indicted 40 ( and once 38) Not much help as a warning when it is that far off.
It's not just you.

Yes it auto suspends for 2 hours unless you cancel it. The problem is itā€™s not worth turning on during the day because the alarm that goes off when you hit threshold is piercing, even if you have your alarms set to vibrate. I only turned it on at night & used the suspend so I wouldnā€™t be up checking my BG every 15 minutes. It would be great if it allowed you to set the suspend time like your cgm does-

I am having some of the same symptoms as you and some readings that are spot on. Did you get a new transmitter with your pump? I just replaced my transmitter about five months before getting my 530g, so I opted not to get a new transmitter. Things seemed a little flaky and I thought it may have been because I was using the Sof-Sensors. Now I am beginning to wonder if the transmitter may be goofy. Am using Enlite sensors now. I can't believe Medtronics would go to market with a flawed system, if that is the case. I'm going to give it more time before I condemn it.

Tonight I had warnings form the pump and could not break to check for a little. The pump said glucose was 71. It enacted threshold suspend. When I tested by meter, my meter read 311. This is the worst yet. Obviously I had to disable the suspend and bolus to fix it.
I did not get a new sensor, but am still using the old one. I think I will try calling Medtronic and asking. What I am now experiencing makes the GCM function essentially unusable (and perhaps worse if it is not able to be trusted).

Tonight I had warnings form the pump and could not break to check for a little. The pump said glucose was 71. It enacted threshold suspend. When I tested by meter, my meter read 311. This is the worst yet. Obviously I had to disable the suspend and bolus to fix it.
I did not get a new sensor, but am still using the old one. I think I will try calling Medtronic and asking. What I am now experiencing makes the GCM function essentially unusable (and perhaps worse if it is not able to be trusted).

Why would I get a sensor reading this morning of 124 and a bg of 184??? I had calibrated the sensor before bed last night. Also, when I enter a bg and ā€œupdateā€ the sensor I donā€™t see any adjustment on the cgm display. Is that normal?

Also, are there better locations for more accurate sensor readings?

Deb Iā€™m getting results that are 50 points or more off about 75% of the time with these new sensors. I have yet to have one of the enlite sensors last more than 4 days. They always error out. Considering that theyā€™re twice the price as the sof-sensors Iā€™m going to finish the box I have and switch back. Iā€™ve talked to a Medtronic rep & they didnā€™t offer any helpful suggestions for getting better results. Also after you calibrate the sensor is supposed to show more accuracy within 10-15 minutes.

Unfortunately I am having similar test results. As noted above, my pump recently advised I had below 70, and implemented threshold suspend. When I checked by meter the result was 311. Obviously something is wrong.
I have been advised that perhaps I need to replace the transmitter ( which is a couple of years old and could be the culprit). As you may know, if you were upgrading, Medtronics did not replace the transmitter. So I have to buy one. Will let you know if this helps.
I understand Deb's reply to mean that you can switch back to the soft sensors, so I assume they are still making them. Having 50 point or more descrepancies with the new system is simply unacceptable. I truly hope this is a transmitter issue in my case, and spending the money for a replacement will make it work with the promised accuracy.

I am having better success with mine.

Still smooth sailing today, on a day 5, woke up to 85 sensor and 92 BG meter, which is not, unfortunately, unusual to see, as my BG tends to rise as I sleep a couple of hours later on the weekends. Maybe there's different body chemistrys and they work better with some people? I was pretty pleased w/ the old CGM and mostly like the new ones because the needle is so much less obnoxious but the results seem pretty decent and have generally been pretty close to my BG meter.

I'm not sure about different locations reading differently as Deb asks. I have always used my abdomen and mostly rotate infusion sets to liven things up.

You can still get the enlite sensors. Apparently people on certain health plans can't get the new ones, and they're not approved for all people yet. I just don't understand how some people are having hardly any issues and some of us are have no success. My transmitter was new in April, so I can't really see that being the issue. Any one else receive any good tips on reigning in the results?

on my first week so have not tried the restart. How exactly do you do it? Do you recharge the transmitter or is it holding the charge?

I disconnect it and plug it back into the charger for 15 minutes, until it's full, and plug it back again and then "fire" the new sensor routine. I haven't quite figured out a good time to do that. A lot of times, during the week, I'm trying to work out, get ready for work, get teenager together, etc. and the timing ends up being "METER BG NOW" while I'm whirling through traffic. I did one at night and it was ok, although I was a shade late and had to get up at 2:00 or something ridiculous to get it to work. I suspect that this might benefit from a class but, when I called the doc to set that up, they took like 2-3 weeks to call me back (*fuming*) so I ended up blowing it off.