Exactly how do YOU prepare and prick your fingers?

I think of it like having your first child. When she dropped her pacifier we would quickly pick it up and wash it off in the sink. For our second child when he dropped his pacifier we would pick it up, wipe it off on our shirt and put it back in his mouth. Checking my blood sugar was similar - at first I would wash my hands thoroughly, dry them and then check. Now I am checking 7+ times a day and only washing my hands when they are dirty or after handling fruit. I change the needle every day so I get about 7 uses before changing.

I really like your point #4. I've got a detailed spreadsheet where I make notes on my day. I'm still trying to understand what affects what, but one obvious action I'm working on is to be more attentive to when I'm just eating a meal beyond needing it.

Been doing this now for 3 years (I'm 62). I wash hands if I've been doing something like working on the car and they are "Dirty". Also food prep - some foods like grapes will cause high readings for me.

I use the multi-clix (accuchek). and always little fingers, on the sides (less painful for me)

I rotate the multiclix when I think of it, every few days on average.

May it become so routine you don't even think about it.

The Accucheck Fastclix lancet device came a few days ago, and I am hooked! Highly recommend it to anyone else reading this thread. It cuts some time out of every time I am testing, and just makes it all go more smoothly. Love it!

I love the mutliclix, wow it is awesome. Been using it for about 4 years now, and I actually have three spares. Gotta love a great invention. Oh I change my cylinder about 4 times a month.