Excited, nervous and scared

Today is my 38th birthday…And I got the Dexcom 7 today… I’m excited, nervous and scared because I don’t want to screw things up at first… Before fedex came with my Dexcom 7 and sensors. I went to Ulysses, live in the country, to get trest strips and One Touch Ultra 2 Meter… I got everything out of the Fedex box and looked at evrything… Got very nervous…Right now I decided I’m going to wait until my hubby gets home before I do anything… I think it’s because I’m nervous… He wants me to wait anyway so he can learn with me… So I’ll read the user guide about twice or maybe three… By the time, Bryan gets home I’ll be ready and not be so nervous about the whole thing… Oh… I forgot we’re going out to eat on my birthday with the kiddos, my mom and my grandma… By the time I go to bed I’ll have the Dexcom 7 and sensor already going… I hope… I’ll keep yall posted…

Shawna, I just got my pump (Animas 2020) hooked up last night. I had to call the support number twice, but it’s going.

I know you are nervous, but you will make it! I’m not calling the pump a miracle, but I haven’t been over 120 all day and I am loving it.

Good luck!

I was very nervous when I started with the Dexcom. In fact, I almost backed out and called Dexcom customer service to try and return it. However, I have been very pleased. It’s much easier than I thought it would be, and tech support is a big help with any problems. I’ve been using it for 9 months now, and I like that a lot of the guess work is removed in that I can treat the trend before going too low or too high. Good luck, and I hope it all works out for you.

Congrads to you too-what a cool B-day present!:slight_smile: