Extending 630G Enlite Sensor past 6 days

You know? Might want to look into that some more. I’m in Washington and sail up the BC coast every summer, but many people I’ve encountered there have wasted no time in telling me how their system covers all that stuff…for free. (Originally from NZ, I know better)

I sure will look into it! (Fingers crossed - ALL would be nice!!)

It is the transmitter that expires. Mine (using Enlite and now Guardian) always lasted 7 days. When the transmitter loses its charge it signals the pump to require a new sensor and, accordingly, a recharge of the transmitter.

The transmitter doesn’t know weather you are using a new or used sensor. A sensor will work effectively for approximately 12 days (I have occasionally used a sensor for 17 days) the life of a sensor is determined by the effectiveness of the chemicals on the sensor’s “tail” inserted into the body. Once the chemicals start to deteriorate, your readings will become erratic and often causing the pump to report “Updating, do not enter BGs, may take up to 3 hours.”

1 Like

I used to use the enlite sensors, but due to the cost of them and the accuracy I went back to dexcom. I get a good three weeks out of 1 sensor. I have to buy a transmitter when the batteries die. Even with that added aspect it is still cheaper. I never had any luck restarting medtronic’s enlite sensors. I find that my dexcom sensor’s accuracy can be off sometimes.

1 Like

I cut the overtape off with small scissors, unplug transmitter, clean off overtape from transmitter, charge and plug back in and apply new overtape.

1 Like

ugh. I used to do that too, Soraya. So much nicer using a G5–the xmitter battery lasts more than 105 days.