Faith

I hadn’t thought about my faith in a long while. You could say i’m a “lapsed” christian. not that i haven’t believed, THAT has never gone away, just putting my life in God’s hands has. I had forgotten to have faith.

I always believed that my mission of life was Epesians 2:8 “For by grace are we saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God”

Wikipedia states:

Faith is essentially an act of trust, reliance or dependence on God. Rather than being passive, this leads to an active life of obedience to the one being trusted. Faith causes questions and seeks answers from God and transforms, it sees the mystery of God and his grace and seeks to know and become obedient to God. Faith is not static but causes one to learn more of God and grow, faith causes change as it seeks a greater understanding of God. Faith is not fideism, or simple obedience to a set of rules or statements. [1] Before the Christian has faith, they must understand who and what they are having faith in. Without understanding, there cannot be true faith. Understanding is built on the foundation of the community of believers: the understanding of the scriptures and traditions of the community of believers and on personal experiences of the believer.[2]

so although I hadn’t though of my faith in a long while, it has always been there. God’s gifts are abundant. I believe that I was given the gift of diabetes/CKD/sleep apnea. although some of you may think you are cursed to have any of these gifts, i believe i was given them for a reason. to become a voice. a voice to educate. I hope i still have some listeners out there, because i believe the voice is about to become loud!

Thank you for your deep thoughts spoken loud,God created the universe and created us to obey him,to live the beauty we have inside us and to bear with whatever tests he puts us through,and to love & help all creatures great and small.

Wow! Most people don’t have a clue. Faith is a verb.

this is beautifully written…it’s always there somewhere and I do believe it is a blessing to have diabetes…what does not kill us makes us stronger and keeps us fighting…boxing gloves are up :wink: