Farxiga for Type 1

For me, getting off R/NPH and onto Lantus/Novolog was like being let out of prison and for a long time I couldn’t understand how anyone could feel otherwise. NPH was particularly nasty for me in terms of out-of-the-blue hypos that took me down to scary levels if I didn’t conform to a rigid schedule of when and what I ate. It didn’t help that my Drs kept saying “You’re doing fine let’s not change anything” whenever I asked about other regimens that wouldn’t have been so constrictive to my life. But over time I’ve come to recognize that even when it comes to the dreaded N, there are people for whom it works just fine. To me that quality of life part is key. If you’re doing well on it in terms of A1C and you don’t feel like your life is more constrained by your T1 than it needs to be, then you should stick with it. Every regimen involves compromises and we all have to figure out what we can live with for ourselves; no one else can do it.

2 Likes

@David49, Winner of the “Sleuth of The Day Award”

1 Like

I have learned if it works well don’t mess with it.:slight_smile: I have lived for 53 years with T1and do well for the most part. I let myself get off track while taking care of my husband til he passed. I have been getting back on track and plan on sticking with what works well for me. I thank you all for your information.:slight_smile: