Feeling at a low ebb in trying to manage Type 1

I was a Medtronic customer for three sets of pumps before switching to Tandem (t:slim) earlier this year. I knew I needed the CGM to gain better control and I had a Medtronic one (an older version that what you have) but I never used it because like you I would consistently get error messages. That, or it was just so inaccurate that it wasn’t useful at all for me. I know other people who are pretty happy with their Medtronic CGM, so maybe I was doing something wrong or it was just incompatible with my body chemistry somehow. But… now I have the t:slim G4, which has the integrated Dexcom sensor and it has made a world of difference. After years of consistent A1Cs in the 7s and 8s, in the first three months on Dexcom (without making any dietary changes), I went from 8.2 to 6.6. Then once I incorporated a low carb diet, I dropped into the 5s. The tools matter and make a difference.

Since you have to wait to consider switching, I’d recommend using the next 2+ years to adjust to lower carbs and see what that does for your control. Good luck and hang in there!

2 Likes