Fiasp: How long can it stay in your pump before going bad?

I think the burning when using FiASP initially is normal for most people. I found that after using it for 2 or 3 weeks, it rarely “burns” even with new infusion sites.

Yeah my doc seemed surprised when i mentioned i’d heard that was an issue.

I had a pod occlude today but I didn’t get the warning until i was at 350. angry face so i’m actually hoping it was my site & not the insulin.

1 Like

We all have bad days. My whole week was bad. Went thru 2 G5 sensors in one week (one bad, the other has taken 3 days to calibrate).

On top of that I’ve had to switch new infusion site twice (the old “some sites just don’t work)

Reset and restart :+1:t4:

At the time I began using Fiasp, about 3 years ago, my diabetes educator (who is also diabetic) warned me that it needed to be changed at exactly 3 days or it would go bad. I moved back to Arizona in January and have noticed as the weather has gotten warmer, it does not even seem to last 3 days. This last time, my absorption significantly declined on the 2nd day. I loved Fiasp but may need to make a switch because I can’t deal with these eratic blood sugars and not sure insurance will cover more site changes.

I have been using Fiasp for close to a year. I have not noticed any loss of control with the cartridge in my 630 for 6 days. I change my site every 3 days. The only time I have an issue is when the cannula is in blood.