Fiber

I took my daughters to their six month check-up last week and we discussed with the doctor the fact that Claire complains of a sore belly fairly frequently. To rule out the possibility of ulcer-ish activity in her tummy, I’m to collect fecal samples for testing the presence of blood. Well, it turns out my daughter does not actually poop very often. Maybe at the rate of about every three days, and then not well. So, I think it is time to increase the fibre in her diet. Just have to come up with some ideas for doing that. Any ideas for a really picky six year old?

Do it slowly and remember to make sure she gets a lot of water… fruits and vegetables are good sources especially if you leave skins on for stuff like apples… so if she likes any of those kinds of things…e.g. peanut butter and celery sticks… beans are another goods source and can usually get mixed in with dishes…a lot of processed foods (cereals, granola bars) have varieties with high fibre contents… switching to whole grain. It’s hard to say without knowing exactly what she will/won’t eat… so not sure if this helps…