Fingerprints

No, I have not been arrested.
I’m being fingerprinted for a professional license, and it just occurred to me that all the holes in my fingers are gonna botch up the job. It’s not for two weeks, and I’ve been careful to use the very sides of the fingers, but I have some very deep craters on my “favorite” digits.
Has anyone had a similar problem? The last thing I want to do is draw attention to the db, but it may be unaviodable. And, if they can’t get a clear print, I may be denied the license. I am worried.

it is for identification, what is more identifying? i have some significant scars from some rouge woodworking tools and the pockmarks of diabetes. i have been fingerprinted for similar sorts of things (meaning “other than the police”) it has never been a problem…

good question. I’ve been fingerprinted at least 3 times for job-related reasons, too, and it never occurred to me that my finger sticks would be an issue. And, as I remember, they roll your fingers over the paper so even the sides are on there. Do you use the Multiclix device? It’s the best. I test a lot, and I no longer have any marks at all. At the very least, I would advise using a new lancet each time for the next 2 weeks. and use lots of vaseline or Bag Balm on your fingertips, maybe get one of those parafin treatments at a nail salon (feels divine!). I’d love to know how it turns out.

Wow. Never thought about it. I get fingerprinted yearly for background checks (I work with kids). The fingerprints always look normal when they’re done - no pockmarks. LOL.

I get fingerprinted for work several times a year. I’ve never really inspected my fingerprints for pockmarks, however, I haven’t had a problem. As I work 2 jobs one being for the department of defense, I’m sure they’d say something if my fingers weren’t “up to par” :slight_smile:

You may want to look into AST (Alternate Site Testing) if you are really worried :slight_smile:

I think it’s okay. The fingerprint shows the raised ridges. The deep, crater-like holes shouldn’t be a problem. :slight_smile:

Terry