First Day on Insulin Pump! [MiniMed Paradigm]

One small leap for man kind, one GIANT leap for me… Ive finally started the Insulin Pump! (with insulin this time, no more saline)

Its been about 12 Hours, and so far so good.

The only real “problem” that Ive run into is with my infusion sets. Im so damned skinny right now, [one of the big motivators for me getting on the pump, get some meat on these bones], that its difficult to find a decent spot to insert the set (silhouette 16 mm). I have the great luck of inserting into a vein and bleeding like a stuck pig. I had to switch out my original set earlier, after noticing dried blood on my side, and a red insertion site. After removing the infusion set, the “waterfall” began, a real gusher…

Anyone deal with this problem? What type of infusion set do you use (minimed pumps)? Is it really a big deal if I hit a ‘vein or vessel’, and bleed a bit. Just didnt seem normal to bleed that much after removing infusion set, same thing happened while on saline a few times…

Im going to be calling Medtronic, asking to see their “Sure T’s”, my educator said they were for ‘Babys’ (actually babys, not whimps…) so they may work better…

ALSO, tips and tricks? i.e. good accessories, what to do when sugar is way to high and I suspect pump being clogged, etc…