First post - continued

I’ve been reading all your comments and I really don’t know what to say. People that I haven’t even met are so kind and understanding that it has brought tears to my eyes. I need to compose myself before I can answer them all personally.

There’s something I haven’t told you, it’s the reason I moved to the mainland and part of the reason I’m so depressed. A month before I moved to the mainland, I was assaulted. The man dragged me down an alley and to a wooded area behind the building. He tried to rape me but couldn’t perform, he tried and tried and got so mad he punched me in the stomach so hard I passed out. Some boys found me naked and thought I was dead, they called the police. I was in the hospital for 8 days. They caught the guy and the prosecutor visited me in the hospital. I agreed to testify against him. My father is old school and deeply into our Japanese culture, he couldn’t stand the idea and shame of me testifying in court. He wanted to send me to the mainland so I couldn’t testify, and I let him. Later I found out that without my testimony he was released to prey on other women. I’m not sure if I can be charged with a crime, there was a Subpoena to Testify issued so I think I broke the law by running away.