FreeStyle Libre Flash Glucose Monitoring System

Hi Newbeach.
I was watching that cyclone closely. I grew up in Ayr, and spent some holidays on a hired yacht in the Witsundays.

My family are all now in Brisbane and were fortunate not to suffer worse than being cut off by flood waters.

Glad you got though it, though sounds like you’ll be cleaning up for a while still.

After 1 failed reader, which is now replaced along with the lost sensor, I am on my first trial of the libre. Seems to be working fine and reads very close to my meter. I think it would be fine for farm work. Even fishing maybe ok, as it is fine to get wet. You want to be careful though not to knock it off. My 8 yo daughter (my main purpose for trialing this free style libre), has managed to knock of 3 of the 4 sensors we’ve tried so far after just a few days each, which works out to be very expensive… I’ll be trying again with her when I get the next batch delivered.

I have a lovely friend in the UK who has pretended to be diabetic for a year now. She orders sensors for me and couriers them when they get to her place. It has worked very well. And the pound is low so it is affordable :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have plenty of unopened Libre sensors willing to exchange them for some Dex sensors or a G5 transmitter.

I think this is already answered, but the Pro version is only for use by medical professionals. A patient, mostly those with type 2, would wear the sensor, and the doctor would get the readings. The pair would go over the results together and make any dosing decisions.