Freestyle Libre

We did bend the needle once which left the cannula not inserted properly but I think we didn’t hold it firm enough. Anyway thanks guys, going to try the iv3000 first. We have two Libre pods left, fingers crossed. I’ll post the results. Cheers!

gale.1@shaw.ca

I think keeping it closer to the tricep is better…on the commercials they usually have it on the side of the arm, but I think you should try to avoid muscles if at all possible… the bent cannula probably means at some point it came out went back in…can easily happen during dressing, showers, jackets, etc…another reason to put the IV3000 over it also…

@diabetesmum Abbot actually recommends Skin Tac if you call in a sensor that has fallen off. They send a list of three things suggested to use when they send you the replacement.

I have been using freestyle libre for about 20 months and have started putting it on my chest for the last 3 sensors to give my arms a rest also it does not get knocked off on the chest.

2 Likes

I agree!

I’ll have to try that…I tried my thigh, but the readings seemed significantly delayed

I have found it very accurate using miaomiao 1 I put it just above the nipple where there is fat.

I dunno if on insertion or not, but a couple of times it’s come out bent, coulda been when I was pulling it out. Didn’t see a difference in efficacy and I’m not freaked out if I bleed for a few seconds after. Not a heartwarming feeling but not really a panic thing for me either.