Frustrated after 2 weeks

That's a good point and I had not thought about it. I came from using the flexpens so not much experience with vials and syringes. Guess practice makes perfect!

I'd like to add one additional point from my own experience. Just because you have started podding doesnt mean that you suddenly are having perfect insulin delivery. It took my endo almost 9 months of adjusting my basal level, carb & correction rations in order to get my A1C level down to "7". When I first started on insulin I quickly dropped from an A1C of "11" down to "8" but there were many necessary refinements that had to be made along the way to get it down to "7". I still have occassional days where I will go along with sugar levels in the 200's all day until they suddenly drop. Don't fret if you have some bad days or weeks in the beginning. Just make sure you have an endo who is determined to keep trying to find your own individual settings!

hi type1gal, just wondering how you're NOW doing on the Pods? tried the MM Revel and just hated the tubing. So, I'm thinking the Pod would work better. There are pros and cons, I guess, to everything we have to manage this, MDI's, tubed, non tubed. I too was seeing higher and higher numbers with my Medtronic pump and I was like, "I just want to take a shot." So, how are you doing now?

Thanks!

Hi Sarah!

I am doing better now...I have had 6 pods that have either failed or had occlusions (since I started in November). That's the only frustrating part. Sometimes its not even my fault, like when one of them failed while priming. For the most part, I do like it. And I love not having tubing...I never did and I don't think I would like it. Insulet customer service is also wonderful, that helps a lot. Hope this helps! Good luck!

I just saw this comment after I submitted a post with many questions answered here! If you don’t mind can I ask some follow ups? Do you always bolus with a syringe in the first 6 hours? If your numbers are high 9 hours after a change do you continue to bolus with a syringe and keep the site or change it? If you see this and choose to respond-thank you!!!

My routine is as follows:
1. eat breakfast & bolus with old pod
2. then immediately change pods & make very small additional bolus
3. check sugars very frequently til lunch
& correct with needle if needed
4. bolus with needle for lunch
5. keep checking sugars
6. for me, pod seems to be working about 6 hours after change
7. use new pod to bolus for dinner, but add 10% more insulin for that meal
8. for me this is a conservative strategy that works very well almost every
time
I don't know about the 9 hours. For me, that would indicate something unusual & I'd change again. But again, this is a very good reason to change in the early part of the day. Then you have plenty of time to make changes/corrections if everything goes south WITHOUT having to stay up late & lose sleep. But you'll see from reading here how incredibly different each person seems to be, e.g. if I bloused 2 extra units with the old pod & then the new was functioning correctly from the outset, those 2 extra units would cause serious problems for me! Be conservative with your experimenting. Don't give up. You'll find the right strategy for your body.

Thank you so much! You have given me some very useful strategies to try (and thanks for the words of encouragement!)