Frustrated :(

Just saw on Today that it’s a horrible allergy season this year. Like 2/3 of the country is considered high allergens.

In my area, we had a rough winter in my area and the spring just appeared overnight. This has resulted in all trees, flowers and plants spreading their pollen at once. The result is I believe the condition called “Danger, Wil Robinson!” Allergies are clearly a source of inflammation. In fact, an allergic reaction is not too different from an autoimmune reaction. Allergies can clearly cause elevated blood sugars and insulin resistance as you deal with the inflammation. If you are greatly affected, it might be good to consider an antihistamine. These work by reducing the immune system response. There are also prescription antihistamines, and with serious allergies, it is quite appropriate to seek help from your doctor.

Hey, I read about this on the news… That in the colder months we burn more glucose because the cold weather makes us have to work harder generating heat for our bodies… but that that’s not so anymore in the warmer months…

Both :slight_smile: I am taking Zyrtec and Benadryl (only at night or if I really feel I need it during the day since it completely zonks me) and then Flonase (which is RX).

I really attribute most of the difference to the Flonase, since it’s eliminated 95% of my nasal symptoms… without the stress response caused by that and the constant sneezing and runny nose, my BG’s have improved a lot.

The allergy counts here have been insane here… I am going to keep up with all three meds until they settle down, then try to go back to just the Zyrtec.

endo appt was today, they gave me 2 new vials of insulin and sent me on my way thinking that the numbers are from bad insulin…

oh, alright. I’ll humor them

I just experienced the same thing…couldn’t get below 250 for a few days, no idea why! I upped by basal with 4 units per day and that seems to have done the trick. This happened before too, usually it is a pump or insulin problem for me (did you open a new bottle to make sure that was not the problem?) but sometimes it is unknown. Or homonal. I just try to makes changes as I need them.

yeah the doc gave me new insulin, no changes

Are you close to your period? like a week away? This might have something to do with it.

Are you eating differently? like consuming any/more white flour/grains etc…?

Okay, this may sound very wacky, do you notice your sugars go a wee bit high around the moon cycles. Don’t laugh. I have now started to consider this when my sugars go all hay-wire. Another wacky idea my Endo once said to me is the decade-age thing. So if you just turned 30 or you’re close to 40, for some reason the body makes big changes. I don’t know…just throwing that out there. lol.

Sometimes diabetes control just makes no sense. There is so many things that can impact it. If I lose just an hour of sleep a night, say good-bye to good control for the next day. Sad…but true for my body.

Im a week late or so, neg pregnancy test so far. eating the same.

Moon cycles huh? I’ve never noticed this! I’ll have to keep track. And Im only 24, so I got a few years for that :wink:

Im starting to think its allergies/seasonal changes, glad to know Im not the only one going through this

There is live oak tree pollen coating EVERYTHING here. my white car is GREEN! And I have had alot of headaches - thought it was from swinging sugars, but maybe it’s allergy. I’m gonna try some claritin!

UPDATE:

blood sugars wont get below the 200 range, high as the 400s.
here is my overall insulin use

4/7- 57.15

8-62.20

9-73.75

10-64.85

11-92.75

12-120.10

13-96.35

14-90.80

15- 96.10

16-085.05

17-83.85