FUN FRIDAY - How do you decompress after a long week?

Fridays are suppose to be fun right? So, we’d like to know how you begin the weekend. Do you enjoy a quiet dinner with your partner and a glass(or two or three) of wine? Do you go out to the bars and drown out your work brain thoughts? Do you spend it in front of a good movie?

Included with your Friday night plans, how do you incorporate your D management? Do you feel limited in your Friday night plans because of D?

I thought I would include this blog written by one of our board members @Scott_K_Johnson. It’s an excellent guide to alcohol and diabetes management.

Sarah :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Friday is movie day at our house. We have been attending on Friday afternoon since last year. Then of course we do the regular Friday thing Hold on this is a big one, we dine at Qdoba. yeah we are pretty rowdy around here. :smile:

2 Likes

I used to really hate Friday because it feels like everyone is going out for fun, parties, drinking etc. Hong Kong is a place where lots is happening, and so many people work till late, when they start meeting, i might already be asleep.
Until i found my Friday Contemporary dance class, which i really enjoy : )
And I have also been on a routine for a year now, to hike in the morning, have my favourite lunch & coffee with mom every saturday and sunday : )

1 Like

I watch post-apocalyptic (heavy emphasis on pandemic viruses and zombies) films on Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime. I am scraping the bottom of the barrel currently, and have had to resort to post-apocalyptic films in foreign languages (many of which have, not surprisingly, turned out to be clearly superior to many of their English-language counterparts). I also enjoy just about any film with a futuristic theme, especially if it contains a modicum of accurate science. And, of course, films that contain a character who has D, especially when it is portrayed accurately.

Any recommendations for films that fall into the genres I’ve mentioned above would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Well, then, you should come to Thursday Night Trivia in Dallas next week. The special subject will be Sci-Fi films. LOL

3 Likes

On the first Friday of every month I get together with friends and play music. It’s a rotating cast of musicians some of whom are very good. The better players enjoy showing less experienced a trick or two.

When the stars align and we sound good it’s icing on the cake, and a great finish for the week.

3 Likes

Ooh! I love a nice cheese quesedilla from Qdoba. :slight_smile:

That sounds really great, Mao! A nice way to get out and enjoy yourself without subscribing to all of the chaos. :slight_smile:

@rgcainmd - zombie movies sound awesome! I bet you have some great recommendations (I, unfortunately, don’t have anything that you haven’t already seen yet, I’m sure (WWZ, 28 days later, etc)).

@BadMoonT2 - Your line about the stars aligning and sounding good made me chuckle! :slight_smile: