Gaining more than strength through exercise

Hi there, my name is Christel and I’ve been living with Type 1 diabetes for 18 years this December. I find my diabetes to be incredibly annoying at times, but it has also been the reason why most of my adult career has been working in the diabetes industry. So I can honestly say that it has opened a lot of doors, and I have never felt that it closed any.
My latest adventure is a Health & Fitness blog (www.TheFitBlog.com) that I run together with my husband. The blog has a whole section dedicated to being fit with diabetes. I also do in-person and online personal training (the majority of my clients are T1D).
Lifting weights has not only made me stronger, it also makes me feel empowered and has helped me tremendously with my diabetes management. My A1C hit an all time low of 5.7% during an intense training project last year and has now leveled at 6.2% and my sugar profile is steady.
I often interact with diabetics who struggle with combining being active with good sugar controls, so I’ve made it my mission to demonstrate that it can be done and that there is only upside to working out. I look forward to interacting with you all here at Tudiabetes, sharing experiences and thoughts.

• C
3 Likes