Getting a pump in July

I have a few questions.

1. I am on Medicare and I think they only allow infusion sets for every 3 days. Is this correct? What happens if u have to change it earlier or there was a mistake made in placement?

2. What is the longest you have kept an infusion set in with no problems? This would be one way to stock up in case of mistakes or discomfort.

3. How many times a day do you recommend testing BS?

I change my infusion sets every 3 days. I test 10-20 times a day sometimes less if I am wearing my CGMS. I will not go past 3 days with an infusion set, I usually am out of insulin by the 3rd day.

You may have to ask Medicare what would happen if you needed to change earlier.

They suggest no longer than three days. And you should test after every meal and two hours after. And if you snack and two hours after so about 12 or more times a day

hello candi well iam on medicare also been pumping since november one touch ping medicare will pay for what ever the dr. says 3 days or 2 days on sight changes.but there is a 80/20 split on the payment they also pay for strips i go 3 and a half days between sight changes but everybody is diffrent. whatever pump u go with they will help you with that and medicare .i test my bs 8 to 10 times a day.i hope this helps if you have anymore questions email me take care