Getting the Minimed Paradigm 722!

Hi Emma, Check with MM and see if there is a local Rep and CDE in your area. The 2 CDEs in the Dallas TX area are great they give me supplies and let me try new types of site and Tubing lenght. I was reading on down the page to help with the carb counting take a look at calorieking.com. They have a book that I use at almost every meal also the MM CDE has given me a copy of the book the last 2 years. Good luck. Let me know how your new pump works out I will be glad to try to answer any question you have If I don’t know I will tell you.

Thanks Andy! I’ll definitely check out the local reps… but I don’t know how successful I’ll be since I’m in Finland… kinda a remote corner of the earth. =) But I’ll definitely ask! calorieking.com sounds great! I’ll go there now… there’s also the problem that Finland has different food brands and different foods altogether, but I’m sure I can work around that. Thanks for the recommendations! :wink:

Who will be doing your pump training? I would ask them about the rep or CDE from MM.

Well as far as I know… I just have to meet a doctor at the hospital who will tell me how to use the pump. Other than that… I don’t think I get extensive training. But I will certainly ask them all of my questions… and hopefully they have people that have answers!

I highly recommend the book “Pumping Insulin” by John Walsh, if you haven’t read it yet! Hope that it will go well!

I am in a similar situation. I am from the USA and on a Cozmo pump, but I now live in Hungary and supplies are not available here. So I will switch to the Minimed or the Animas next year. Let me know how you find the Minimed after the Cozmo! Hope that it will be great :slight_smile:

I have been on the pump sence august 5 im a new pumper and i love it lifes so easy. its a good pump choice its easy to use i find. Im a 17 year old just like you and this is my very first pump and i find it amazing and im sure u will find the minimed great as well.