Global Heroes Marathon

Heard this advertised on the radio today, and wondered if anyone here was participating in the Medtronic Global Heroes Marathons. You can read more about it at
http://www.medtronic.com/2010globalheroes/index.html

I was one of the athletes in the first year of this program, and it was a fantastic experience. Medtronic does a great job supporting this marathon, and they treat the selected Global heroes like royalty.

I submitted my application (for the 10 mile event) about a week ago, so we’ll see :). My running pedigree is not that impressive, I’m middle aged, and not exactly a speed queen. I’m doing my 2nd half marathon this Saturday, did my first triathlon last year, have done a couple of 10K’s, and lotsa 5K’s over about 5 years of running with my pump. But I have found that people tend to look at me and say “hey, if she can do that, so can I”. I like inspiring people that way, and it looks like it would be a wonderful experience.

Jerry, it looks like they removed the requirement to be under 40. Toni, are you going to apply?

Yes. I was very happy when they removed that requirement. I don’t know what they were thinking. But it’s all in the past now.

Be sure and keep us posted! No, I am not participating, just knew there were others that would, so thought I’d share. Glad to see they’re not excluding us over 40 people:)