Goodbye, old pants

I think it’s time to say goodbye to my favorite pair of jeans. The ends are all ratty and torn, and I’ve been able to pull them off without unbuttoning them for a long while now. Today, I finally noticed that they’d just fall off if I didn’t stand a certain way or hold them up. Oh, and my pump in my pocket was totally NOT helping them stay on either. Haha.

So, this is a good thing. My insulin pump, new and improved eating habits, and exercise are paying off.

But oh how I loved those jeans. So soft and comfy.

I went shopping for new jeans tonight. Hopefully I will love them just as much. :slight_smile:

I’ve been a bit sick the past few days with a hint of a cold. Sore throat, cough came along today. It’s annoying, but if I had to get sick, I’m glad it’s now rather than a few weeks from now during the holidays.

What is it about being sick that makes your BG rise? It’s bizarre. I haven’t had too bad a time of it, but this morning it started going up very quickly with no explanation as I hadn’t eaten in 3+ hours (didn’t have a fatty breakfast either). Jumped up to around 170. Got it down after lunch though, so yay. Last night I also had a weird spike. SUPER short-lived spike. It was maybe 30-60 minutes after taking NyQuil, so maybe that had something to do with it. But my CGM randomly spiked up about 50 points in 15 minutes, then quickly dropped back down. So odd.

Congratulations on the weight loss and my sympathy on the jeans! I know how hard it is to find a GREAT pair!!!

I just got on the pump and would love info on your new eating habits. My weight could use a bit of tweaking, 20 lbs. and my doctor hasn’t shown me how to lose weight on the pump yet. Where can I find these resources?