Got the Keynote blood glucose meter from WaveSense

It arrived last Friday from AgaMatrix.

Even though it’s made in China, I really like that it was designed and developed in New England. Call it Yankee pride.

The overall styling is very nice. I’ve been using it in parallel with my OneTouch Ultra glucose meter. So I’ve three comparison points for each reading: KeyNote, OneTouch Ultra, and the Dexcom CGM.

I’d forgotten what a small drop of blood most ‘new’ meters need. I’m forced to use the Ultra because of the Dexcom, and I can basically fill the KeyNote and the Ultra from the same drop of blood. Except that the Keynote takes almost none of it. And the rest is left over for the blood thirsty (literally) Ultra.

I’ll be using it until the test strips run out (it came with 50), and I’ll be posting a review on my blog. Probably sometime next week.

Update
I’ve posted some pictures of the meter on a Flickr photo set. I’ll add to this over the next few days.

Sounds interesting, but I haven’t seen the product anywhere, nor did I see information on where to order on their website. Looks like it could be a winning product to me … look out Johnson & Johnson One Touch Ultra.