GP says this is fine. Is it?

An average bg of 97 mg/dl would give an hbA1c of around 5.0. That seems perfectly fine to me. I’m not sure where you are getting 31 from because an hbA1C of 31 would mean an average of 843 mg/dl. However I highly doubt the calculator I used is accurate at that extreme of a glucose level.

https://professional.diabetes.org/diapro/glucose_calc

Sorry - that’s how they measure it now in the uk. I think they say anything below 42 is not diabetic. It used to be measured the same way as in the US but they changed it.

1 Like

This translates between the two.

Oh ok nvm. I didn’t know they measured A1C differently. How long ago did they change it?

1 Like

A couple of years at least. I can’t get used to it and still have to convert back to the ‘normal’ way!

In the Netherlands they changed to mmol/mol too because it’s the new IFCC standard or something. I think the official change was in 2011, but I can’t get used to it either.

2 Likes

The TuDiabetes admin team believes that the usefulness of this thread has already been served and in the best interests of the community and the original poster, to close this thread. We thank everyone for their kind support.

2 Likes