Green tea can modify the digestion of starch

The following study shows that green tea has the potential to reduce / inhibit the digestion of starch in food. Less than 2 cubs per meal can reduce the spike in blood glucose by 50%. This will work for starchy food like noodles, potatoes and crop.

US study "Inhibition of starch digestion by the green tea polyphenol, (−)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate" by Sarah C. Forester, Yeyi Gu, Joshua D. Lambert

I have already done the human study and "it don't work"....I have consumed gallons of green tea, (It Has been my go to beverage for years) it has never reduced my postprandial blood glucose levels, insulin requirements, or BG average.

But I still like Green tea...;-)

Gee I wonder if green tea and cinnamon rolls equals normal blood sugar?....Hmmmmm...."O" well I can dream

That hasn't been my experience with green tea either. In fact, it's caused BG to increase from the caffeine with more than one cup.

I don't know Holger. Possibly for a certain type of mouse. For me caffeine usually raises the BG but not always. Anyways worthwhile to try and see if there is any good effect. The starchy food is out for me I am so insulin resistant that I cannot match these foods and I think if you have high blood sugars the IR gets a lot worst.