Guardian Sensor calibration time won’t reset

I’ve been searching the Internet over and can’t seem to find a post or forum about this, so here I am!

I replace my G6 Sensor on Fridays. My sensor is used with my Minimed 670g. The usual goes for my sensor change: pull it off, charge it, insert another, warm up, and calibrate. However, my sensor is peculiar that it won’t reset the next calibration time to 12 hours from my initial calibration. It usually resets it to 4 or 5 am or pm (whichever is closest). I try to calibrate again a few hours later and it doesn’t change the calibration time. This is super obnoxious! Especially when it’s 4 am! I’m then woke up every hour to silence alarms until
I get out of bed. It does this every time I change my sensor.

Anyone else experience this? Know how to fix it?

Thank you for reading!

Did you mean Guardian 3 sensor

1 Like

I don’t use 670, but do you need to do a stop, then start sensor ?

Maybe @Rphil2 can help.

So sorry it took so long to respond. I have been at a meeting in Boston.

This is typical for the 670g sensor. Here is why. The sensor is driving insulin delivery, so the pump wants to know for certain it has patterned readings. It will typically calibrate for 5-6 hours for the first 12 to 24 hours. Once the pump knows the sensor is reliable it will call for these short time calibrations.

I try to calibrate round 11 PM and then catch it first thing in the morning. I find that usually around 18 hours it will stretch out to 12 hours. It is jut the part fo using the device.

I am a Medtronic ambassador. My opinions are my own. They did not pay me to say nice things. OK, they sent me a shirt and a cup but even I am more expensive than that.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I was wondering the same thing. Sometimes, But not always, I experience short calibration times. I will have to follow up, but I believe it normally happens when my BGs are out of my normal range when I first calibrate.

Same here. My 670G and Guardian Sensor (MMT-7020A) have never allowed to to go longer than 1 hour between “calibrations”. I hate it. It is just an expensive “pump” to me. I use manual mode to alleviate this constant 1 hour calibration buggings. Nothing is more important to me than sleep. I have the “high” and “low” settings set to wake me in case of extremes. Extremely disappointed and I don’t recommend a 670 G to anyone I know. This is a joke.

1 Like

I apologize, i have been off the site for some time. Are you saying that you have to calibrate every hour? If so that is no correct. When starting a sensor you do have to calibrate more often, usually every 3 then 6 then 12 hours. That is after the intial start with requires one calibration and one Blood glucose entry to start the sensor. But every hour? If it is requiring a calibration every hour something is wrong.