Guardian Transmitter battery is short changing me

I started using the Guardian CGM in November. I am now into my 4th month of use and I have only ever had the transmitter battery hold a charge into the 7th day once! Can any other users tell me how long theirs are holding a charge? Medtronic Minimed claims they are good for 7 days.

Interesting. I am currently using the newer transmitter (see more at Repeated Blood Glucose (BG) Requests With MiniMed™ 670G System), and I don’t normally look at the charge of my transmitter or use it the full 7 days (I try to change it in sync with my infusion set), but I will admit that it normally gives number less that my BG meter. Whether this is due to transmitter battery? I guess I’d need to get some data to find out.

My batteries average 10 to 11 days, but my last one had to be replaced after only 7 days (I did a lot of Bolus corrections to remediate some highs.) I buy a pack of 40 Duracell’s at Costco for about $14.

Mine used to last 10 days, so I’d charge them up after the 6th day, to TRY to get another few days out of a good sensor, which was exceedingly rare, but because I seldom had a good sensor, I tried to prolong their life. If I was simply installing a new sensor, I’d ALWAYS charge the xmitter between sensors. What was especially galling was to have a good sensor fall out–that happened a lot in the summer despite extra IV3000’s. I don’t have that trouble with Dexcom G5.

I do not recall ever getting less than seven days. I have been using the guardian for over a year now. I have had three transmitters in that time, one for a year one for six months and one I just got last week because of the new release.

If you do not have the new transmitter I suggest you check into the transmitter replacement program if you do not have the newest version.

Note: I am a Medtronic ambassador. My opinions are my own. They did not pay me to say nice things about Medtronic devices or the company. OK, they sent me a shirt and a cup but even I am more expensive than that.

Im using the Guardian 3, and I regularly get 2 weeks out of mine.

I check a lot for status reports and history summaries every day. I assume that reduces battery life.