Gym.....Does it actually helps

Went to gym pumped up body and suddenly realized what m i doin??
All of a sudden world appeared so meaningless, checked out glicemy and it was 48mg/dl and den a question clicked

Am i gaining something for my body by regular gymming or have i just lost some health by this hypo???

You will gain something by regular gymmming but need to work to avoid hypos, to answer both sides of your question?

I'd suggest:

1) make sure that you don't have "insulin on board" when you are starting to work out

2) depending on how much the workout makes you drop your BG, maybe have some carbs, maybe just 10-15, maybe more, you really have to test this

3) the "numbers" benefits of working out don't always relate directly to diabetes. At the same time, stuff like lower heart rate, lower BP, bigger biceps, etc. can lead to taking less insulin and feeling good, which are very important, given that diabetes can be a drag. I work out a lot (gym in basement, running, I started doing Tae Kwon Do which I also liked a lot, as it had incremental progress and a lot of feedback..."that's good, here's how to make it better...good...now do it 50x" or whatever.

4) it may be annoying but it's very useful, particularly if you're starting a program of some sort, to check like 1/2 way through the hour or every 1/2 hour to get a feel for how it's going. I've always found it easy to run my basal a bit "hot" which, in turn, can turn into lows easily if I work out more or faster or heavier or whatever? The only solution is to test. I find that I can tell when I'm getting low running if I run down to the 70s so I figure the same would apply to weights or anything else? Keep it up though. I didn't start that stuff until I was 37 years old and sort of wish I'd started earlier?

Ditto AR's comments. I've always made a point to exercise and keep in shape my entire life. So far, I am doing okay, despite many years of poor control.

I don't think there is evidence that individual low BGs are damaging, as long as you did not go unconscious.

The pluses and minuses of muscle mass and being in shape is a complicated issue for T1s. More muscle will hold more glycogen, which can cause upward spikes for various reasons, and then lows, as your muscles re-absorb. It can also raise your insulin sensitivity a little. Some advocate only anaerobic exercise for diabetics. On many occasions, my BG suddenly dropped about 200 points as a delayed effect of exercise. I know of diabetic bodybuilders that have terrible problems with lows. Also, too much muscle can interfere with infusion sites if you use a pump.

I take a lot less insulin now, and the exercise doesn't seem to affect my BG as much, which is a good thing.

I'm very new to weight lifting, I've done it on and off, but I've been lifting pretty hard 2-3 times/ week, on my off days from running, since November and I don't think it interferes w/ insulin as whenever I crank up my lifting, add more weight to this exercise or that exercise, I get much "zingier" insulin the day after I lift.

I haven't lifted weights for a long time. When I did, I found it increased my metabolism, and my BG would go down whenever I was sore. Excess muscle mass causes certain problems for anyone. To my understanding, muscles work much like sponges, sometimes sucking up and storing glucose from your blood. Releasing it when you are stressed or exercising. Unfortunately, not always at the right times if you are diabetic. Having a ton of muscle mass is a very big sponge.

http://www.diabeteshealth.com/read/2008/09/22/5079/scrawny-boy-with-type-1-diabetes-becomes-mr--universe/?isComment=1