Had Enough

I was diagnosed with Pre-Diabetes about 1 1/2 yrs ago. I also have mild CAD. (No heart attacks or stents, thank god)

I find myself taking 5 pills in the morning and 5 at night. For being pretty healthy that seem's like a lot for me. I'm starting to get in the dumps (stress at work and home, I know what else is new). I no longer feel like taking my meds when I need to.

Help!!

Okay girl...now take a deep breath...hold it...now let it out. Repeat a couple of times.

I can feel your pain. As a new dialysis patient my diet and the family diet don't always match. But we just get along as best we can. I don't want to deprive my family from the foods they like either.

But you can do this. You have to stay on your meds. I have a large lunch box full of the things. Talk to your doctor and see if you can stop one or two of them. I really feel that you already know the answer to that question.

It is tough and we are all here for you. Just keep at it. You CAN do it!

I know, I will need to stay on the meds. I guess the stress of everything is getting to me. My MD's are great, they are trying to avoid me having the same issues as my other family members. It just sucks between Celiac, CAD and pre-diabetes (which my sugars don't seem that high) to be stuck and know I will never be able to stop my meds.