Halloween is over so let's be honest - anyone else give in to temptation?

I ended up not having any treats until the day after. I had 4 of those Entenmann’s Halloween Swiss Rolls. I paid for it with a 199 2 hours later, but I think it was worth it.

I think Reese’s are my absolute favorite candy to have. Well, those and Chocolate Oreos.

I needed to do basal testing on my night rates so I decided to do it Halloween night. I bought a big bag of assorted candies and two big bags of individual pretzel bags. I made sure I gave all the candy away first. That way if there was any left the next day after I was done with the basal testing I wouldn’t be tempted.

I do eat candy and sometimes I do fine with it. Cover it with a bolus and it works well. Other times…not the case.

I did have a piece or two. On previous Halloweens I would eat more.I have learned in the past year that “cheating” is okay once in a while as long as you don’t go overboard.I’ve learned to resist temtation.It use to bother me.Not so much the candy because I wasn’t much for candy over the years,but it’s stuff like pasta and breads.Then I just started buying low carb stuff and I can still enjoy it.

Okay, I held out until the very end. But, then I went a little crazy. I few (mini) chocolate bars here and there over the first week in November. Halloween night was ok. Two years ago I would have been eating the candy for dinner! But, I can say that there is still a ton of candies left in the bowl now. Looks like the rest of the people here will have to eat them.

Now that my blood sugar is under control with my pump I don’t consider it a cheat. I eat one if I choose and bolus and my sugar does fine. But I am not a candy craver. That would be my husband the non diabetic. And my little one I have to hide the sweets from him I think he sniffs them out. LOL

I gave in, had like 7 twizzlers - the ones that come in rainbow colors, my fave being the grape one. Felt guilt & shame. I blamed it on my non-diabetic sister who bought a huge box of it from Target and laid it all out on the kitchen counter! Grrrr.