Happy Birthday to my LADA

My youngest daughter (pictured as a newborn in my profile pic) just turned three this week and it's also sort of a milestone for me as well. I (who had no diabetes in my family ANYWHERE) was diagnosed with GD during her pregnancy and then after the birth even though I had no markers for type 2 and was thin was diagnosed as a type 2 until my body started eating away at me and I was finally diagnosed with LADA. It hardly seems like it's been three years since diabetes takes up so much of my life and it's always at the back of my mind (when I'm NOT counting carbs or giving myself insulin). But I feel like in that three years I've moved through all the stages of !?!??! and grief and acceptance (although there are those small little flashes of hope when my #'s are so good I think it might be going away- just daydreaming I suppose. It's just there. Just thought I'd share.

You know, I think a lot of us go through those five stages of grief, Denial, Anger, Depression, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance. The day I was diagnosed, a part of me died. But another part of me was born and there are good things about that part. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this "Bittersweet" day.