Kwanzaa is from December 26 to Friday, January 1 and is normally celebrated by the African American community. The 7 principles of kwanzaa are universal for all people. I am sure we can incorporate each of the principles in our diabetic lives. I am so happy to share this with each of you...
Each day of the Kwanzaa celebration focuses on one of seven principles: Unity, Self-Determination, Collective Work and Responsibility, Cooperative Economics, Purpose, Creativity, and Faith. In keeping with those 7 Principles of Kwanzaa, here are some suggestions for Kwanzaa activities to the make each day of the celebration a meaningful one.
Principal 1: Unity - To strive for and maintain unity in the family, community, nation and race.
- We are a diabetic community with issues but we should remain united.....
Principal 2: Self-Determination - To define ourselves, name ourselves, create for ourselves and speak for ourselves.
- Inspire our lives with diabetes and possibly be inspire others.
- WOW..........................This is powerful by itself.
- learn to build business and social circles for the diabetic community.
- try to find greatness within ourselves to continue to and inspire with diabetes
- Create diabetic artwork with family and friends
- hope that people will start to understand the mechanisms of diabetes. perhaps they will learn how to prolong or prevent it from happening.