Has anyone changed their lifestyle / activities since diagnosis other than diet and exercise?

Hi Cooter: I say, attitude is everything, and keep doing the things you love and keep good control of your BGs. Being happy is good for your blood sugar! You can keep your T1 honeymoon going for a LONG time if you maintain good control, and the longer the honeymoon, the better the outcome. I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at age 35, and I have made a few changes, though not too many. I still do “crazy” things like go for 25 mile hikes, I am just better prepared now and have lots of backup/emergency items in my Camelbak. I did step off the fast track at work, as I find taking good care of myself (cooking excellent meals, getting exercise, doing yoga/meditation) take a lot of time. Who cares about the fast track, anyhow?! I did travel a lot to third-world countries before diagnosis, and I have backed off from travel to certain countries where food and waterbourne illnesses are rampant (I recently returned from a trip to Bhutan and Thailand, no problems at all). So in fact I have changed my life, by slowing down and being more cautious in some areas. The “slowing down” part has been a really positive thing. I just think you are on the right track and an inspiration.