Has anyone used the DiaBits app?

I came across an app called DiaBits. It has features that seem cool: integrating exercise data and CGM data to make BG predictions, using machine learning to personalize these predictions.

It’s kind of expensive ($8 to $17/month depending on how many months you pay in advance) and I’m not entirely clear whether the machine learning is going on now or if it’s something they are planning to add. The website (diabits.com) is interesting but not that specific (as far as I can tell, but that may be because I don’t speak app).

I can’t quite tell if this is a fully developed product or an app with interesting aspirations.

I’d love to hear from someone who has used the app. And, while I’m at it, if anyone has any experience with other predictive apps.
Thank you!

Well i would give it a try after reading your post.
Regards.
Brina.

Are you interesting in this for the purpose of exercise, or for general BG management?

For BG management. I always feel like a carbs to insulin ratio isn’t that useful. Activity and time of day seem to me to have such a big effect on how insulin works.

I agree, and do consider it the first WAG at my bolus. Then consider the other factors such as you suggested, and make an up or down bolus adjustment, or add/remove a few carbs. This is usually in my head rather than using bolus wizard or other apps.

Me, too, in terms of doing these calculations in my head. But my own calculations can let me down. For example, I can get a little too aggressive if I’m mad that my BG has been high or a little too cautious if I really don’t want to have to think about a low BG in the near future. I guess the promise of machine learning would be that it would take into account the many factors other than insulin to carb ratio and take out the human error…