HbA1c---I'm doing a happy dance!

I was diagnosed with late onset T1D last March with an A1C of 10.9. My most recent lab work reflects my true control as I now have a dexcom and I am no longer having hypo events at night that I’m not aware of. I now have HbA1C of 5.0!! I feel like crying-I’m so happy!! I’m seriously doing a happy dance!! I want to thank this community from the bottom of my heart! You all have been such am amazing resource and support!! I am trult truly truly thankful!! :smile:

27 Likes

Congratulations on confirmation that you’re doing a great job!! Keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is an amazing improvement in your blood glucose numbers. Congrats on all the hard work!

1 Like

You should be! this is all such great news! I am so very pleased for you:-)

You are doing a really terrific job in controlling your BG :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulation! Cut by more than half in less than one year!! 5 is so great!!

1 Like

Spectacular results!!

1 Like

Beautiful! That’s some great work :blush:

Score one for the happy dance. That is awesome! You mentioned your CGM and not having unaware lows at night. I have had the same experience too. I acquired my CGM last September. It’s a wonderful thing. I am late onset as well; diagnosed 9 years this month. I’m super happy for you. You are doing fantastic.

2 Likes

That’s tremendous, well worth a happy dance!
Assuming no extended hypos, I think that means you’re almost never above 100. Clearly you’ve got something good going! How do you do it?

1 Like

Wow! That is amazing work and the results are in the “sugar free” pudding! You must feel just fantastic!

3 Likes

Boom shacka lacka. Haha. Congrats! That is so amazing!!!

2 Likes

Fist bumps all over the place!!! Nice work. :punch::punch::punch:

2 Likes

You have a lot to be proud of, very happy for you!! Can you offer lessons?

Keep on doing whatever you are doing!!

1 Like

Great job. Keep it up.

1 Like

Thank you guys for your support! I figured you would be the ones who would/could understand my excitement!! Between info from my newly acquired friends with T1D, info from you guys on this forum, and books “think like a pancreas” and “sugar surfing” (books suggested by you)…you have helped this girl “tame the T1D beast” at least for the past 3 months!! Today was a different story :frowning: It’s hard work in progress and it is exhausting!!! Oh how I wish for the days when thinking about what to eat for a snack wasn’t a calculated MUST!

1 Like

That is amazing congrats! I went to 4.9 once and was having hypos all over the place. You should be very proud!

1 Like

Great stuff - just keep up the god work

1 Like

That is wonderful! What a great story!

1 Like

That’s remarkable progress. Congrats.

1 Like

Big congrats for a big accomplishment!!!

1 Like