Health check: almost at 5 months, no insulin

It's been a real struggle for me to do what I'm doing with my health. How am I doing? Great, physically. I've never really felt this good physically. My diet is pretty simple, but obscure. I've learned a lot about human diets and been studying regularly what it is that makes us all tick. I get exercise, but want more weight lifting (it's been recommended to me by several to control blood sugars).

About 3 months ago I had just started following the LCHF (low carb high fat) path and over the last month I have begun to hone in on making sure I get enough fat in my diet. Perhaps I am in ketosis, which is not to be confused with ketoacidosis.. I know they sound the same, but one keeps my body fueled by fats and the other is what put me in the hospital. Huge difference, ask me about it if you want. The information I've been able to get about this diet is astounding, it makes me wonder how people don't know how awesome it is.

I do a mishmash of dietary plans: no fruit, no grains, no sugars... I guess technically there's a lot of things in that "fruit" category scientifically that isn't the same as most fruits... such as cucumbers, peppers, etc. Well for the most part I enjoy some peppers here and there and some cucumbers. These are about the only fruits I enjoy from time to time, I guess Avocados are technically a fruit too and I eat a lot of those.

Do you like bacon? I get a lot of that in my diet, it's high fat and fat is good. If you don't know fat is good then you are missing out. Our culture has run on fat being bad for so long, and look at how sick and unhealthy Americans are (statistically speaking). Note high fat is not necessarily high protein.

Anyways past my diet I've had a lot of struggles mentally. A serious battle with depression sweeps over me from time to time and it's really miserable, and I feel terrible for putting my family through it. I really just want to bury myself in work... some of which is unfulfilling.

I feel like all of this is some high complex cycle that is pushing me to be healthy. Health has always been important to me. Over the years coming to understand what ties spiritual health has on reality has been a confusing path. A touch of ignoring 'reality' plays in to growth and from my experience with 'faith' it is actually a crucial element.

Am I experiencing a karmic cycle unravelling as I break the chain? What are the next steps for me to continue to break through? If a doctor tells me that I cannot possibly last as a Type 1 Diabetic forever without insulin, need I believe him? I don't, of course, because that would not benefit me breaking free of this disease. I am not free yet but I'm doing a damn good job as far as I can tell.

In life my next step is a huge one. I'm taking the first steps to doing business for others, for myself. I'm voraciously devouring information on web technology, social marketing, analytics, and more... I know so much already and I'm at a bursting point of wanting to share that. I want to help people. I want to set my entrepreneurial self up to thrive. This is where my consciousness is having the most troubles of course. Action steps feel painful.

I am ready to put myself out there... my first action steps are in the making. I could use a coach as I tend to have a lot of moments of despair. Are these my limiting beliefs, habits, energies surfacing? Ready to be demolished? Seemingly so, nonetheless they exist and feel less like thin ice broken easily and more like a locked fire door to success.

I'm still going to move forward. If I can help you, I will. If you can help me, I will be grateful.

With determination...