Hello!

I have mostly been over a HbA1C of 7.5 for most of the 19 and half years that I have been diabetic. On only two injections a day with 2 days carb training way back when I was 9 years old I don’t really think I had a chance.

A couple of years ago, in the UK, I was able to start training on multiple injections, testing and carb counting and it turned my life around- truly amazing! However, due to problems with long acting insulin during the night I still can’t get it right.

I wanted to start this group to support people who really try but still quite can’t get there. Some doctors may not understand this and you may end up feeling down together with the fact that you can not understand why x diabetic at work has perfect control despite little effort compared to you…

Admittedly I started to feel a bit embarrassed to have a HbA1C of 8.2 on this site and realised I shouldn’t feel this guilt or shame. We all have different bodies and therefore different conditions. Don’t get me wrong- I am sooooo aiming for a lower HbA1C and think we all should be, but dont give yourself a hard time if you can’t get there…yet.

Take care,
Dee