Help! Having a hard time telling which FreeStyle strips (butterfly) are used!

I've been using the OmniPod and FreeStyle strips with the PDM. A few times I have had a used strip by my meter and when I pulled out a new one, a few extra fell on the counter. Is there a way to visually tell the used from the new?

I can stick them back in meter and that will often flag an error. Other times it continues the test and flags the error after the countdown when the result should appear.

The easy answer is to throw the old ones away immediately........

Yes, that is what I do, throw the used strips out immediately. I don’t really like the strips in a container like these are, I try not to touch them on the ends, but it is so hard to handle them without touching.

You can usually see a little blood on the tabs of the used ones I would think.

To alleviate the issue of wayward strips, I keep two strip containers in the carying case that came with the omnipod. They're in the two elastic bands to the right of the pdm. The top one is fresh strips and the bottom one is an old/empty one where I put the used strips. If I do happen to spill some good strips, there's no used strips for them to get mixed up with as they are in their own closed container.

I just remove the adhesive label from the empty one to use for the used strips, an easy way to tell at a glance