Help! Why am I gaining weight and getting so fatty?

I'm a busy female in my late 40s and have had T1 for 34 years. HA1C is usually 6.8-7 though the last time it had gone up to 7.1. I've gained 10 pounds in the last 7 months and I hate it! My weight has always been pretty stable. I eat low carb, healthy foods. I'm 5'7" and weigh 168 now. I wear a Paradigm Minimed pump and use 35-40 units of Humalog a day. I'm gaining unsightly fat. I'm wondering if my insulin is making me fatter suddenly (but why?) or if there are other hormonal issues (adrenals, thyroid). If anyone's experienced similar problems, I'd love to hear from you. I am seeing my doc again in a month.

It is more likely hormonal issues as you approach, or are already in perimenopause. You may want to have your estrogen level tested to see if there is imbalance. The thyroid plays a role too, so that is another thing to have checked.

you also may be less active

Getting hormone levels checked is a good idea. For sex hormones & cortisol, saliva tests are the most accurate. For thyroid testing be sure your doctor does more than TSH. Free T3, Free T4 & Reverse T3 should be tested.

How many carbs do you typically eat? Asking because you mention eating LC food, but everyone defines that differently. Also, if you're eating too much protein that results in weight gain.