Help with glucose readings

Are you sleeping well if not this could be another possible cause of high BG in the morning?

Once I get to sleep, I sleep about 8 hours. With the heart palpitations, it is hard to fall asleep.

Had thyroid out in 97. It’s taken me 13 years to find my optimal dose of meds. Definitely not hyperT which makes it confusing with the heart palps. I had a doc once tell me that once thyroid levels were right, my high pulse and palpitations would go away…yeah right.

Thank you again. Well I have a lot to say to the doc tomorrow. If diabetes if negative, I have no choice but to try the beta blocker so I can have some quality of life. I understand the diet.

Natalie, I know some people truely have mental illness. What I am talking about is all the people who have a chronic illness like diabetes, adrenal, thyroid, celiac, anemia to name a few …and the docs do nothing more than Rx the latest depression/anxiety med. Happens all the time.

When the last poster responded to my post saying depression/anxiety, it struck a nerve.

This is an ambiguous answer. I can see palpitations preventing sleep. My boss developped quite bad case of atrial fibrilation that was only finally controlled by killing his natural timer and installing a pace maker. I wonder if the nights of poor sleep correlate with high fasting BG.

My problem is that I am not taking beta blockers specifically for hypertension, but for an abnormally fast heart rate – someone just mentioned that as being Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia, and it is apparently a new diagnosis, although I have had it for over 30 years.

It MAY have exacerbated my diabetes, but I think I would have gotten it anyway. And I don’t see any way to go off beta blockers; they took me off them when I was in the hospital during my coma in September, but as soon as I got out of bed, and started back to a normal life, my heart rate went right back up again. Very uncomfortable – makes you short of breath, and sleep is next to impossible. So I guess I’m kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place!