Help!

I had to stop working out due to complications from CAD i use insulin (novolog and lantus) and have gained 40 pounds… any ideas on how to drop some pounds until i can work out again?

Vince,
I have been fighting this forever. But I became a diabetic being overweight. As I went on insulin I gained even more weight. I had to take a break from exercise & things got worse. My pain increased to a point that I was barely functional. PLEASE keep up any movement that you can…
As far as loosing weight… such a hard battle. I went on Symlin, that was supposed to help bs & weight loss… it did but the cost was too much for me… I went off it this week and have been documenting everything that goes in my mouth. I know I am eating smaller portions and am being so careful with carbs… I haven’t checked the weight but I hope there is something positive there!!!
This best advice I have is to journal your food… be very contious of your intake!
Good luck

I will suggest The Zone. We started back on it this week and it does help keeping BG levels in control while you loose weight slowly.

ive never done the zone. maybe i will try it

i have never tried the zone either… its worth a try

my advice to you would be little & offten of the kind of food you are allowed i have some great recipes if you want some let me know i do a mean no sugar choc cake n kids love it too they say they cant tell the difference ive been a type II for a yr now & i know its hard but you learn to live with it

would love some recipes!!

Serve this delicious salad in a glass bowl with straight sides to display all the colorful layers.
this is just heven i love it

Layered Tuna and Pasta Salad

1 1/3 cups dry cavatelli or medium shell macaroni
4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
1 cup chopped, seeded cucumber
1 cup chopped, seeded tomato
1 (9 1/2-ounce) can chunk white tuna, drained and broken into chunks
1 cup frozen peas
1 (2 1/2-ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
Herb Dressing (recipe follows)
1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
2 tablespoons sliced green onion
Cook pasta according to package directions, preferably al dente (firm to the bite). Drain; rinse with cold water and drain again.
Place shredded lettuce in the bottom of a 3-quart glass salad bowl with straight sides or other similar serving dish.
Layer the remaining ingredients in the following order: Cooked pasta, cucumber, tomato, tuna, peas, olives, and egg slices.
Carefully spread the Herb Dressing evenly over top of salad, sealing to the edge of the bowl. Sprinkle with the cheese and green onion.
Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Chill salad for 4 hours or overnight.
To serve, toss layers lightly to mix.
Makes 6 servings.

Herb Dressing

1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley (Italian parsley)
1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, mixing well.
Makes 1 cup.

this is my fave i would eat this everyday if i could the dressing teasts better with a dolop of salad cream rather than mayo

I’m on same medicines and had weight gain also. I kind of wondered if it’s those medicines. I guess, I’m grasping at straws with that one. I don’t want to be heavy or diabetic anyone. Still grasping at straws. Maybe that can be a new exercise and I invented it (money, money, money oh yea).
Future millions.