Hiding away from the D? WHY?

Gr8 minds think alike!

Hey Danny - slap a “tudiabetes.com” bumper sticker on your car. I get a lot of questions about mine. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Jenny, you have a lovely, sincere blogging voice. Keep sharing it!

Great Post! I also do not hide my diabetes from anyone.

I know I am late on this one but I believe in telling the world that I have Diabetes!! I am not ashamed! I had lots of fun getting diabetes and it took several years. I do understand the plight of the type 1. Even with type 1 there are enviromental factors that may be causing the body to self destruct on itself.

Breast Cancer awareness is all over the place. when should take Diabetes out of the closet and into the light. I think that is the problem is people try to keep it as a personal secret. It won’t be a secret when you pass out in public. We as diabetics have to get out of this idea that is is shameful and it is a personal struggle. That is the first thing I noticed when I was diagnosed with Type 2. People were surprised to hear me mention that I even had it. They thought it was an embarassement. This is why on most of my blogs I do say that I am a LARGE AND IN CHARGE TYPE 2… I know how you feel about us Type 2’s but not all of us are bad… :slight_smile: