High Insulin Level with Normal Sugar Levels

Hey!! i am new to this abnormal happening!!
2 weeks ago…i went to gyne to report her my early misscarriage in march 2008 and to find out the cause of having not conceiving since my marriage in 2007. it is now taken up almost 22 months.

problem arise when i get all normal test( simple ultrasound, trans vaginal ultrasound, FSH,TSH,LH,Prolactin,Progesterone,Testosterone,cortisol,estradiol,DHEA) and normal fasting and random glucose but high insulin around 110 (1st time) and 127 (in repeat).

i m not obese. but have routine headaches n neasua all the time and weakness with foggy head like syptoms from past 4-5 years.

does alone high levels of insulin can cause misscarriage??? or does it affects in conceiving?? my fasting glucose level are 70 and 80 and random is 92 around.

plz any one who hav suffering the same or anyone who know d problem and treatment?
is it alone harmfull for the body? as i m facing some palpitation frm past 3 months and feel of needles in my feet.
plz reply

hi i’m type 1 diabetic and i was diagnosed when i was 25 yrs old. i also had miscarriage when i was diagnose as diabetic the doctor said that the cause of my miscarriage is my high sugar level but 3 months after my miscarriage i got pregnant again so i guess having high sugar level doesny affect conceiving so cheer up visit your doctor and ask how he can help you

hey nice meeting yu hea

but my prob is of high insulin not high sugar
my sugar is normal…
happy to listen about ur pregnancy then.
hope so i will too!!
but my prob is for high insulin!!! do u know nething ab it?

There is a form of diabetes called “MODY”. This is often really hard to diagnose because blood sugars change quickly, but there are high blood sugars at many times of the day. You should at least ask your doctor about it.

Also, I don’t know much about it, but is it possible that you have hypoglycemia??

Here is a quote from the link above:
"MODY 2: glucokinase

MODY 2 is due to any of several mutations in the GCK gene on chromosome 7 for glucokinase. Glucokinase serves as the glucose sensor for the beta cell. Normal glucokinase triggers insulin secretion as the glucose exceeds about 90 mg/dl (5 mM). These loss-of-function mutations result in a glucokinase molecule that is less sensitive or less responsive to rising levels of glucose. The beta cells in MODY 2 have a normal ability to make and secrete insulin, but do so only above an abnormally high threshold (e.g., 126-144 mg/dl, or 7-8 mM). This produces chronic, mild hyperglycemia which is usually asymptomatic. It is usually detected by accidental discovery of mild hyperglycemia (e.g., during pregnancy screening). An oral glucose tolerance test is much less abnormal than would be expected from the impaired (elevated) fasting glucose, since insulin secretion is usually normal once the glucose has exceeded the threshold for that specific variant of the glucokinase enzyme. It can usually be controlled by dietary measures (primarily avoiding large amounts of carbohydrate). The degree of hyperglycemia does not usually worsen with age and long-term diabetic complications are rare.

This type of MODY demonstrates the common circulation but complex interplay between maternal and fetal metabolism and hormone signals in the determination of fetal size. Because MODY2 is an autosomal dominant condition, an affected mother will pass it to 50% of her children. A small number of infants will have a new mutation not present in their mothers. If the mother is affected and the fetus is not, the maternal glucose will be somewhat high and the normal pancreas of the fetus will make lots of insulin, resulting in a large infant. If the fetus is affected but mother is not, glucoses will be normal and fetal insulin production will be low, resulting in intrauterine growth retardation. Finally, if both mother and fetus have the disease, the two defects will offset each other and fetal size will be unaffected."

This doesn’t sound at all like any form of MODY which causes immediate diabetic blood sugars very early in pregnancy but no increased tendency towards miscarriage that I have heard of. Plus MODY would involve high fasting bgs OR high post-meal blood sugars.

High insulin levels could point to PCOS which is associated with infertility and difficulty conceiving. But why isnt’ your doctor telling you what the test mean?

hi jenny… my doctor is a gud endocrin…he suggested me to do one more repeat of fasting insulin and fasting blood sugar…to finally c wht to do further…after having these repeat results he will decide to go for oral glucose tolerance test then and HBA1c test…which will define insulin resistance in my body and past 3 months sugar levels i have had.

may b it will solve the prob…otherwise it may become more difficult to figure out…coz my endocrine said tht it is not possible to have such a huge high insulin with normal sugar levels as i have…if it is hypoglycemia u should hav low sugar levels with ur high insulin…but my case is much odd.

hope to get a conclude!!!