Hillbilly Goulash

OK I know this is gonna sound really nasty, but I swear it is so good you’ll be punching in an extra bolus :slight_smile:

I made this the other night from a literal lack of options. I haven’t been to the store in two weeks and have about exhausted my cupboards. I did some searching and this is what I came up with:

1 box Velveeta Shells & Cheese
2 cups garden rotini
1 can Glory brand Southern Style Seasoned Mustard Greens (I find mine at Wal-Mart)
McCormick “Salad Supreme” seasoning
pepper

Start by bringing 6 cups of water to a rolling boil and add the rotini. Boil for about 3 minutes then add the Velveeta shells. Reduce heat to a gentle boil. Boil until tender, about 10-12 minutes.

Drain and microwave the mustard greens about 3 minutes (or until hot). Drain the pasta and add the cheese and about a 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Stir until cheese sauce is mixed in. Stir in the mustard greens. You have to really stir as the mustard greens don’t really like mixing with the shells and cheese. Scoop some in a bowl and mix in about a 1/2 teaspoon or so of the Salad Supreme. Enjoy!

Now you are reading this and thinking BLEH! But when you try it you’ll be making it all time! I think the secret is in the seasoned mustard greens, I am no fan of mustard greens, but that brand is seasoned so well you’ll like it plain.

Give it a try and let me know what you think!