Holy crap I'm diabetic!

I was diagnosed only a few days ago. Quite the holiday present! Kinda always knew it was possible/probable. Mom is type-1 + some on my father’s side. I am luckier than most in that I have a lot of support from back home + tons of resources here in the bay-area. I intend to make full use of both.

I am the proud father of one super-awesome 9yr-old. She is the light of my life. I work a boring sales gig (software). I follow baseball to the point of obsession.

My new life now involves poking and proding and testing and fretting.

I’m ready to start anew and live life to the fullest. Merry Christmas! Celebrate today and everyday.

In the New Year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship but never in want. -Irish new-year’s toast

It’s great that you have all that family support. If you’re up for joking, there’s a song out there called “Santa Claus Gave Me Diabetes” by Stuckey and Murray.

just added 5 more t206 old baseball cards to my collection–from 1909-1911–it’s more fun than worrying about tedting and shots! Hope your year is going well–it’s spring training!