Hospitals Will Now Send Coronavirus Data to the White House Instead of the CDC?!

Johns Hopkins is also very good:

4 Likes
1 Like

I live in Mane, lucky very rural we have had 5 cases in our county. Maybe 75% wear masks. We do all the time. Recent article encouraging masks also stated last few cases are “ from away”. This was an ER doctor in a local town. Myself , I will do my job and vote in November.Nancy50

6 Likes

I’m originally from Southern California, so I’ve been looking at the data coming out of there with sheer horror. I won’t be taking any trips home anytime soon. (reality-based joke - :grinning: I’m not taking trips anywhere right now.)

Yes. I mean Bay Area because Northern California is more like the area above Sacramento. :wink: We are doing well in the Bay Area, but people are relaxing a bit.

I live in Los Angeles. It’s weird cause I really don’t know anyone who has it, I had it because I have the antibodies but I was never really sick but a mild illness in feb.
and I have been working straight through. I work for a pharmaceutical company and we never closed.
With all the precautions I really don’t see how anyone even can catch a cold let alone corona virus.
Maybe I am outside the demographic but I am only limited but the things that are closed.
I wear a mask when I’m near people, can’t eat at restaurants, but otherwise there is no real difference even with the higher numbers. It’s really weird how different experiences can be in the same city.

Thanks for this info, I will definitely do it.

I also some people here suggesting that we just stay home??? I have Type 1, chronic bronchitis, Type A blood (anther risk factor) and I am a first responder. Staying home is not an option for everyone.

Sorry I have taken so long to respond to your question. I am one of those who goes to work everyday because now I’m “essential “. So I don’t sit at home all day everyday. I have to deal with all the people who are not taking this as seriously as I think we all should. No one understands what 6 feet looks like and I work inside. At least a quarter of the people who come in, don’t wear their masks correctly. Everyday I am walking backwards trying to keep distance between us. It is very hard to do with 100’s of people in the warehouse.
We did a pretty good job holding the line early on here in CA. Everyday walking to work, the traffic was so much less. People were staying home. People were not going out. We were seeing what was happening in NYC and NJ. And I think we all knew how serious this was.
But because we can’t figure out how to handle all aspects of this worldwide crisis we are expecting those in the high risk categories to carry the burden of staying home. I would love for my husband and I to be able to go to a sit down restaurant or go to a movie. But that is not going to happen now for a very long time.
After dealing with the public day in and day out, we just don’t think about the greater good much. So here I am moving into that category and I have to think about me and my husband because no one else is. So yes, I stay home everyday I am off work. I don’t go out. I don’t go to the store. I walk everyday with my mask in hand. I garden, I read, I stream movies, I call people and I just love sitting in the yard and enjoy the peace and quiet. I have high hopes, we will get through this. I am hoping we are learning the hard lessons this has shown us. Public health funding should probably not be the bottom of the funding list. Stay safe and do what you need to do to stay safe.

4 Likes